How Do You Select The Best Hair Salons or Natural Hair Stylist?
The hair of women with African American descent is unique in characteristic. Any woman Natural Hair Stylist in Roodepoort who wishes their hair to look at its best will admit to spending endless hours experimenting with their hair and possibly trying out many salons to identify the look and style that best suits them.
Until recently, that process has been even more difficult for an African American – due to the complexity of their hair and a limited amount of styles that can be carried out with ease.
It was of no help either that the products produced specifically for Afro hair were few and far between. You may remember having your hair braided by a relative or friend – a procedure that took some time but kept the hair neat and under control. This is still hugely popular between African Americans, but the time has finally come that they can opt for those styles that were once deemed an impossible.
African American Healthy Hair Care: The Basics
The Pixie. The pixie cut is super short and easy to maintain. Give it an ultramodern twist by choosing asymmetrical lines. Halle Berry made this style popular among black women, and it will be a style that continues to be a classic.
Braids. Yes – it is the staple cut for African American women. Your hair will stay as close to its natural state with this style and is one of the easier ones to maintain without overdoing it on styling products. Check out images of Alicia Keys and Jada Pinkett Smith.
African American Healthy Hair Care: The Basics
Sleek and Straight. Thanks to straightening irons strong enough to tame any Afro, the days of using chemicals to straighten the hair are long gone. Black celebrities such as Beyonce and Mary J Blige look stunning with their sleek looks.
Interesting Facts About Natural Hair Stylist in Waterfall:
About Natural Hair Stylist in Waterfall:
Girls with wavy, curly, kinky, or nappy hair: Finally there is a solution! It's the latest trend and fad that all the celebrities are doing. It's called a Brazilian Hair Straightening. This treatment is setting the new standard for straight hair.
This treatment will turn your hair from drag to fab in less than 2 hours depending on the length of your hair. The best part is that it lasts up to 4 months! So no more weekly visits to the salon for a $100 checkup and no more monthly re-treatment visits to your favorite barbershop, the Brazilian keratin hair straightening treatment is it girls.
What is a Brazilian Hair Straightening Treatment?
Brazilian Keratin Hair Straightening is a revolutionary treatment is an intense treatment that softens, smoothens, and most important gives you straight hair.
It does not use any strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, breaking the bones of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance, which comprises approximately 88% of your hair. It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage.
- Don't wash your hair for the first time.
- Do not tie your hair into a ponytail.
- Do not use hair clips.
- Do not place your hair behind your ears.
- Do not exercise or sweat.
- Do not use hair bands.
- Do not use your glasses to hold your hair back.
- Do not use sprays, gel or mousses.
Bottom line, if your hair is unruly, frizzy, or overly curly and you would like to have low maintenance, hassle free hair that is shiny and straight, a "Brazilian Hair Straightening" is just the thing for you. I hope you enjoy beautiful straight hair.
Natural Hair Stylist in Waterfall
Okay, let's talk straight. For decades, women of African descent the world over have relied on various tried-and-tested methods to "relax" their hair. Then, about a decade ago, the Yuko system made a big stink among people of all colors when it came over from Japan, followed by Opti-Smooth. Now a third contender is fighting to become top dog in the hair straightening stakes: the Brazilian.
Not what the name may imply, the Brazilian is a relatively new hair straightening system that has nothing to do with waxing away pubic hair. It is a semi-permanent way to straighten the hair on your head, which uses keratin - and sometimes formaldehyde - to tame even the curliest locks. But while it may be taking the world of hair by storm, even it has its drawbacks...
If you are considering straightening your hair for more than just an occasional night out, you may be thinking of a permanent hair straightening system. Here is the best - and the worst - of the most popular systems currently on offer. Remember, success will depend not only on your type of hair and how rigorously you adhere to its upkeep, but also on the skill of your stylist - as well as the products he or she chooses to use.
Brazilian Hair Straightening (aka Brazilian Blow-Out or Brazilian Keratin Treatment). The stylist applies active keratin, a protein found in the top layer of our skin which makes it both waterproof and tough, although sometimes this is used in conjunction with formaldehyde, which can be dangerous (see below). The formula is then sealed into the hair using a hot iron, taking away frizz, curls and unruly waves. Takes about two hours, more for longer or more unruly hair.
* Home Relaxing Kits. Much like a do-it-yourself salon-style routine. Apply straightening cream, leave on, rinse away, straighten with straightening iron, neutralize, wash and blow dry. Takes about two hours in total, more for longer hair. Good luck!
* Ironing. Time was when many young girls had their hair ironed - with a clothes iron - to have straighter tresses. The process could take up to an hour and was often saved for special occasions. Required two people: one to lay her head on the ironing board while the other wielded the iron. Had to be a trusted friend - with excellent eyesight!
Hair straightening is just another way that us mortals deal with "the grass is greener" syndrome. In the 1970s and 1980s everyone was rushing to have a perm and make their straight hair curly, now the reverse is the talk of the town.
If you decide to go the permanently straight route, it's important to find a salon you trust. Take heed if your hair is dyed, colored or even just highlighted, as this may affect the outcome of the straightening process - even if your stylist assures you this isn't the case!
Remember, also, that all chemically straightened hair will require a good hair-care routine to keep it looking good. This means using a protein-rich shampoo, conditioner and other anti-frizz products, as locking in all the moisture possible will be crucial in maintaining that salon style.
What is the Big Deal About Dominican Hair Stylists?
Whether you are a hair salon employee, a hair salon owner, or a regular hair salon client, sanitation and cleanliness of the hair salon should always be important to you. This is because bacteria, viruses and various other types of microscopic organisms could be breeding and thriving in the various implements, tools of the trade and in the premises of the hair salon itself without your being aware of it.
How simple is it to contract something when you visit a hair salon for a trim? The comb that is used to smoothen out tangles in your hair could have just been used on another customer who has lice, yet the hairstylist may not have had the comb washed and disinfected. The rollers that the staff may use to roll up your hair preparatory to setting so that you wind up with bouncy curls could have been used beforehand on someone with a catching scalp condition like psoriasis. And the towels they use to wrap your head after washing may have been used on another client - which is just plain disgusting.
o Sneeze that hair out
You could also look at the hair accumulating on the floor - is it regularly swept up? Or do they let around five clients get haircuts first before they start sweeping the mess into a dustpan for disposal?
o Quality Check your hairstylist
Take a good look at your hairstylist too. Are his/her nails kept clean and tidy? Or are they long and kind of dirty? A hairstylist with dirty fingernails might have something catching living under those nails which could be passed on to you so if you spot that type of detail, say good bye politely and never return.
There are hair salons from hell and there are hair salons which are very diligent about practicing sound sanitation and cleanliness habits. Your best choice? The latter as your health depends on it.
- Natural Hair Stylist Near Me Johannesburg south
- Black Natural Hair Stylist JHB
- Natural Black Hair Stylist Near Me Sandhurst
- Finding A Natural Hair Stylist Pretoria
- African American Natural Hair Stylist Bedfordview
- Natural Hair Stylist Nyc Rivonia
- Hair Stylist For Natural Hair Duxberry
- Natural Stylist Brakpan
- Best Natural Hair Stylist Rosebank
- Stylist That Specialize In Natural Hair Bedfordview
- Hair Stylist That Specialize In Natural Hair Kempton park
- K Hair Stylist Near Me Midrand
- Black Hair Stylist Sandhurst
- Hair Stylist For Black Hair Rosebank
- Black Hair Stylists Northcliff
- Hair Stylist Black Hair Fourways
- Local Black Hair Stylist Duxberry
- Black Stylist Near Me South Africa
- Best Black Hair Stylist Sunninghill
- Black Natural Hair Stylist Morningside
- Find Black Hair Stylist Bryanston
- Natural Black Hair Stylist Near Me Parkmore
- Top Black Hair Stylist Parkmore
- Hair Stylist For Black Hair Near Me Sandhurst
- Black Male Hair Stylist Bedfordview
- I Need A Black Hair Stylist Sandton
- Hair Stylist For Black Women Germiston
- White Stylist Doing Black Hair Sandhurst
- White Hair Stylist Doing Black Hair Pretoria
- Black Hair Stylist Miami Parkhurst
- Best Black Hair Stylist Near Me Morningside